The Electronic Signature and Records Association (ESRA) is the industry trade association for digital transactions. ESRA advances and accelerates the adoption of digital transactions and related technologies across all verticals, and provides thought leadership, legislative advocacy, education and events to inspire a trusted digital economy for all.
ESRA’s Vision is a trusted digital economy for all.
ESRA’s Core Values
Expertise – We bring leading experts together to address complex issues on digital transactions.
Leadership – We influence the quality and direction of the digital economy.
Collaboration – We provide a collaborative environment among peers, partners, and competitors.
Technology Neutrality – We embrace technology neutrality to ensure a level playing field that fosters innovation.
Accessibility – We promote global access to digital services.
United for a Common Goal
ESRA provides a forum for companies from various industries to unite for a common goal – furthering electronic signature adoption and helping professionals remain abreast of changing regulations. With expansive membership and cross-functional representation, ESRA is uniquely positioned to stay on top of current and future conversations around electronic signatures and records, making involvement extremely beneficial for any person or company that touches or is looking into applying this technology to enhance business processes.
Value for Members
- Community collaboration to establish a common understanding of legislation and trends needed for important business conversations involving e-signatures and e-records and to explore similar interests and goals.
- Up-to-date information on legislative and regulatory trends, as well as advocacy in Washington D.C. and other venues for standard protocols and structures.
- Networking opportunities with subject matter experts, industry leaders and vendors and direct involvement in key electronic signature and records issues.
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on ESRA committees such as Education, Public Policy, Communications or Membership.
- Bi-annual, member-only meetings, featuring industry-leading guest speakers, previous including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Discounted rates at ESRA sponsored programs.
The Advocates Behind E-SIGN
In the late 1990s, a group of professionals from various industries realized the need for public policy initiatives and the promotion of electronic signature and records technology. They led the charge to make electronic signatures a legally binding way to sign documents and were instrumental in the passage of the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act), which became a law on June 30, 2000. ESRA was established in 2006 to lead efforts to optimize the understanding and encourage further adoption of these practices.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., ESRA is a member-managed 501(c)(6) non-profit business trade association governed by a board of directors. Member organizations provide a global representation.