The Electronic Signature and Records Association (ESRA) is an important initiative focusing on e-signatures and electronic records.
Its original founding members — AIG, Adobe, DocuSign, eOriginal, Genworth Financial, Silanis and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage — represent a prestigious group of corporations, both technology-providers and “user” companies offering technology applications to their customers.
Education is the primary mission of ESRA. The association is a centralized educational resource for its members and the public with respect to the legal, regulatory and operational issues in relation to the use of electronic signatures and records.
Benefits to members include:
- Participation in an organization that allows members to become directly involved in key electronic signature and records issues, gaining access to the most timely information from top experts in the field. ESRA’s membership meetings often feature distinguished guest speakers from Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Internal Revenue Service, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, NAVA, etc.
- For “user” companies that have either already deployed electronic signature and records solutions, or are planning to do so, ESRA provides oportunities to discuss best practices and learn about further applications, as well as risks, that technology creates, notably the current state of the law on enforceable transactions.
- The association provides a vehicle for member companies to promote a legal and regulatory environment that remains friendly to electronic commerce as it grows in importance to the public.
Specific benefits of membership are:
- Important and timely information available to members.
- Regular informational memos delivered via e-mail to association members.
- ESRA has two active member committees: Education and Public Policy. All ESRA member companies may be represented on these committees.
- At least one press event annually to promote ESRA issues, in addition to other on-going industry promotional activities.
Should you have any questions about membership, please contact ESRA at 1-800-560-ESRA (3772) or firstname.lastname@example.org